Monday, February 2

OH BABY!!!

HERE SHE IS!

LAILA FIAGATASI MALUPO
BORN: JAN 29, 2009 @ 5:54 AM
WEIGHT: 8 LBS. 15 OZ.
HEIGHT: 20 in


THE BASICS:
1/27 Midnight- Mucus plug came out
1/28 3 am-
Thought my water was leaking
1/28 6 am -
Arrived at Queens Hospital (contractions every 5 mins)
1/28 8 am-
Found out I was still early and only about 2 cm dilated (grrr)
1/28 6 pm-
Even after walking around, bouncing on the exercise ball, still only @ 3 cm, still contracting every 3-5...gave up trying to "rough it"after 12 hours and got the EPI! <--thank goodness, WTH was I thinking?
1/28 Midnight-
Still at a 3, but comfortable as heck and getting some rest
1/29 3am-
Discouraged and seriously contemplating C-SECTION
1/29 4:00 am-
Water finally broke, fully dilated, now just waiting...meanwhile, the EPI is wearing off (AHHHH!) and nurse #4 won't give me anymore
1/29 5:54 am- After about an hour of pushing, she finally came out!

The feelings of relief and (not to mention violation) after she finally arrived were so unbelievable that I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW I DID IT. I know women do it all the time, but for me, every experience was totally NEW and I am still AMAZED. Successful VBAC, healthy baby, and recovering well...what more could I ask for?


Here are just a few pics:

Just got to the hospital, anxious Mom and Dad

Big sister Lole meeting Laila for the first time

Mean muggin like her dad

Click Here to see her hospital pics.

We've waited so long for Laila to finally arrive since discovering we were pregnant @ 4 weeks. She is a well-tempered baby (SO FAR) though throughout most of my pregnancy, I was an emotional wreck. In fact, the news of her conception came at a time when my marriage seemed to have been going to much lower lows than welcomed. Thus, her middle name (after my sister) means TOGETHER, or to bring together (as one). The timing of her arrival is no coincidence, and there's no doubt in my mind that my Heavenly Father, through the gift of her life, TRULY LOVES ME!

We love you BABY!

14 comments:

Rachey-Foo said...

Tala,
she is so beautiful! you did good, mama!! hope you are feeling better and recovering nicely. ohh, i cannot wait to see our baby#2 now!!! beautiful name, too! i'm so happy for you and the fam!!

love ya!

Ui said...

congratulations tala, po and lole!!! she's gorgeous~

coheiress said...

she's gorgeous tala!!!...good job!!! now concentrate on getting better!!!.. love you guys!!!

Kahilau said...

What beautiful little girl. I am glad she finally arrived and you are getting some relief from having her in your tummy. I love her muggin' picture. I love the story of her name too. We all hit those times and the Lord truly does know jut what we need to whip us back together. Congrats again! Well done!

laninaki said...

Oh! Congratulations!! Your family is beautiful!

Leslie said...

Congratulation, she's beautiful! Girl you're strong and I agree it does feel like a violation but it sure worth it.

NeenaLove said...

congratulations! so so special!!

Leti Purcell-YoungYen said...

Congrats Tala girl. She is beautiful!!!!

hine.T said...

Congratulations again! Awww...you make me cry, but I'm so happy for you guys! She looks just like Miss Lole...GORGEOUS! Love you guys!!!

Maren said...

Congratulations Tala! She's adorable! :)

Emerson Experiment said...

LOL! I just read through your blog and saw that you named her Fiagatasi...are u freakin serious? Wow. I'm honored. Seriously.

Mama Pula said...

Hey mama,

I just commented on your myspace, she's so pretty and I love her name...good job on the VBAC too. How awesome!...her name is beautiful and your little ending about you and Bo, that's so touching...wish you both the best...oh and my sister is married to Tony palepoi..I saw francine on your page...

Luela said...

OMG Congratulations! Finally you popped! And I like her name..that's nice. Lole & Laila...it goes together haha...awwww gratsss..

Molly said...

Congratulations!!!! I can't believe I'm just now reading this. She is so adorable!