Thursday, May 20

sweet sweat

     i haven't made any time to exercise in so long that i had almost forgotten how much i love to sweat...at least when it comes to sports, and physical exercise.  as a new fan of BIGGEST LOSER, i'm always so moved to change/improve my physical health...and then i wake up the next morning and forget about how inspired i was, until the next show. last night i was so stressed/irritated that i just needed to get out and sweat...so i ran.(well, mostly walk for now). it brought me back to a time when i was a teen and i heard my parents arguing. back then we lived on moana st--the haole side, lol--so i ran to byuh and around the big circle twice without stopping. that had never happened before even though i played high school sports. (always HATED running!) it was so therapeutic and it was the first time i ever realized the importance of physical exercise on the emotional state of mind.
     last night during my hour of running/walking, i spoke to my heavenly father. in my mind and out loud, i went over my most important troubles, things that i could never bring myself to speak to another human ear. and then it hit me how much i had needed this outlet. when i walked, i talked/thought things over. and when i ran, i forgot about them to focus on my breathing...my body...my will. it is amazing how our physical and mental capacities have the power to influence each other. i hope i have found a new friend in running (exercise in general), because sweat is so sweet to me. it assures me that mind and body are working, not just for my heath, but also to better my soul.

4 comments:

Ui said...

awesome tala. i totally agree! right now my mind is telling me no...later...but my body is SCREAMING...GET TO THE GYM!!!! lol. funny how the two can be so contradictory!

NeenaLove said...

Biggest Loser inspires me too. It is the best stress reliever in the world.... After swimming at Kakela's. Swimming at Kakela's is the bestest stress reliever.

Emerson Experiment said...

i likey likey! Good for you!

Kahilau said...

Inspiring! Thank you for sharing!