Sunday, November 14

Day 6: My Day

Sunday: I HATE to leave my responsibilities at church to someone else (esp. on short notice) but when my husband asked if the kids and I would accompany him to town to meet with our car dealer, I couldn't resist. I knew that it was an opportunity to spend much needed time with him because of work and other marriage "strains." The day almost didn't happen because as soon as I had handed off my simple lesson plan, I couldnt find my purse. I was frantic and thinking, "That's what I get for ditching primary!" After 20 mins, I found it, and we were off. Two mins into the drive, a cop pulls Bo over for illegally over-taking a car that had cut us off. I repeated (in my mind) my earlier sentiment, but tried to remain calm. Luckily, Officer AhSue admitted to not seeing the cut-off, and let us go, expired tags and all. Ironically, that's where we were going in the first place...to the dealer to get our registration taken care of.

It turned out to be quite a day, starting with pork\chicken skewers and fresh corn from a roadside fruit stand, getting our tags current after almost a year, late lunch at Burger King, cruising up the Pali and around Makapu'u to Halona Blowhole (where Bo made walls 3 yrs ago), to Ross for a dress, and then McDs for ice cream sundaes and fried apple pies. It was quite an adventure and I will never forget:
-how my kids love getting dressed to go somewhere
-how my husband can talk his way out of a lot of things
-how good fresh, hot,sweet corn tastes from Kahuku and how Laila can eat 3 in one sitting
-how Bo makes me try and like new foods all the time (today, salmon poke)
-how Lole loooves Pizza Hut cinnamon sticks
-how after 20+ yrs in Hawaii, I finally went to the Nuuanu Pali Lookout, a first for my whole family
-how Lole really had take a crap and so Bo sat her on the edge of the trash can and asked the "curious" tourists if they had a staring problem
-how cold and windy it was, with the clouds moving about us
-how Laila ran all over the place, slipper-less, once we got to the blowhole
-how Lole likes to sing in the wind
-how fun it is to see new things and do things as a family, camera in hand

 
 
 

Looooong day, but totally worth it. FAMILY...it was about time!

9 comments:

Ceeu N Uila said...

I looooovvveee days like this...sounds like a fun family day!!!! So glad ur doing the blog challenge, getting to know you better has been heaps of fun...stop over on my blog and you can do the same!!!

Rachey-Foo said...

ok, i burst out laughin at the doodoo and the tourists comment. too mean dat one. LOL!!! i am so glad you are doing this challenge and got me started. it's been fun!!! luv ya, sass.

Leslie said...

Girl, I burst out laughing too reading that comment at the trash can...I wish I was there to hear your hubby tell those tourist off...happy you had a great time with your family!

hine.T said...

Ummmm why you making doodoo in da trash can Lole? lol. Too funny! Family days are soooo much fun! Glad you guys got to spend some quality time. :)

evotia said...

aww.. I enjoyed your day. i agree with ya.. totally worth ditching the norm sometimes. the unexpected makes for great memories :)

racinefontenele said...

Blog - Racine Fontenele: O Peso de um Pedaço de Papel http://t.co/wU7bqTq

Kristen said...

Fun! Nice to see you Tala!!

hapi said...

Hi ME, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Unknown said...

hi, gerat fun..............
beautiful-travellingplaces