Saturday, January 24

DAY DATE

Bo and I did absolutely NOTHING on our anniversary last week (Jan 15th), so today we went out for a much needed DAY DATE. We didn't have anything solid planned, but knew we needed to somehow treat ourselves in any way, shape, or form. By the time we got to town, the first place we spotted was TODAIs, so we quickly pulled over and had lunch. I was not that impressed, consuming mostly the shrimp and vegetable tempura, while Bo kept busy trying new things at the sushi bar (we're not big fans, but after today he might be)! I asked him to stop at the Walmart down the street from Todai's and help me find some things for the baby, but we were so FULL and tired from stuffing our faces that we ended up taking more than an HOUR NAP in the car before heading into the store! (I can't believe we did that!) Anyway, distracted by my need for baby things, we spent the rest of the afternoon looking for a carseat/stroller system and bassinet. We attempted to catch a movie, since we could finally watch something NOT-kid friendly, but all the good ones were too far past or too long of a wait for our tired, old bodies. Thus ended our Day Date. We didn't really get to TREAT ourselves--aside from lunch--but it was nice to have some couple time, and get the things we needed for baby. Even our nap was quite refreshing, though it clearly marks our age! I only managed to take one darn picture this whole day, of Bo and raw fish. The Day Date was fun, but I want a REAL anniversary celebration...maybe on Valentines.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

So darn FUNNY especially the nap in the car! Hey, it doesn't matter what you do but that you do it together! Happy Anniversary!

laninaki said...

I love the car nap!! That's awesome. LOL. Happy anniversary!

hine.T said...

Yah...nap time is too funny! I'm surprised there was no discomfort on your part...you guys must've been STUFFED! LOL!
I do love the spur of the moment date. Those are the best!!! (the next best thing to a surprise since I don't get much of those from Shen. LOL)

Luela said...

Happy Anniversary! Shoot...we do that all the time when we go to town. Take a nap in the car! After you eat and stuff all you wanna do is sleep before you do anything else! The only thing I hate about living here is that everything is an hour away......

NeenaLove said...

lol @ nap in the car. girl... i thought i was the only one!! lmbo!! people do it all the time on long, road trips in the mainland. you can just say that you were on a long road trip to waikiki! ahahahaha