Sunday, January 18

Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam

Can I just say that the very first time Lole went to Jr Primary, she was so scared that I had to sit with her during opening exercises, hold her hand, and accompany her in class to prevent the waterworks that began the second Sacrament mtg was over. She bawled so much that I almost gave up and took her home, but I knew that the only reason she had a hard time was because she became so accustomed to our (mine and Bo's) inactivity, that even Nursery was no longer a desire, let alone Primary. At the turn of the year, I knew this was a wrong I needed to fix. It's now her 3rd week as a SUNBEAM and I am so proud of her for not requesting my presence ever since. In fact, she loves her teacher and tells me each week that she's definitely going to her OWN class and will NOT cry for me...so far so good! I admit I peek in on her between classes only to find she is perfectly fine, but I miss her even for those 2 hrs. I am so grateful for her adjusting and giving me another reason to be more active, after all...Jesus wants ME too for a Sunbeam.
Lined up with some of her class, waiting for Primary to start

2 comments:

hine.T said...

Way to go mom! We're sorta in the same (activity) boat...and now I am debating moving our records to the Samoan ward where his dad is bishop, so at least the kids are still active. haha! I'm glad she loves being in primary! I wish Blaise was the same.

Rachey-Foo said...

she is so CUTE, Tala. i'm glad she is making the transition and enjoying primary! besides, you learn all the bestest songs in primary!!