Wednesday, April 15

Bloggin my Blues

"There are three kinds of people: Those that make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that wonder what happened." -Unknown

Lately I've been feeling like I'm somewhere in between "watching" and "wondering", so blogging has been pushed back to the bottom of my list of "to-do's" (if I even had a list). On top of being physically sick, I feel mentally absent and emotionally withdrawn, and from what I don't know. I think the appropriate word to describe me right now is SLUGGISH and I am totally in need of a PICKER-UPPER of sorts. I know most of this low-energy has a lot to do with the combination of no exercise and my super increased apetite, so if anyone has some good home workout videos, please help a sistah out. My mind at the moment feels so CLUTTERED with all the things that can sometimes overwhelm people on the daily; husband, kids, finances, bills, chores, etc etc...and then to have to manage all the ONLINE FRIENDSHIP SITES....uh,it's overwhelming! LOL. I feel like there is so much more I can do, but by habit I tend to DO NOTHING when I feel like life is coming at me from all angles, at the same time! If anyone has any suggestions/helpful hints on how I can better manage my day to fit in caring for my family, cleaning, cooking, laundry, balancing books, exercising (physically & mentally), I would love to hear it. Better yet, I NEED TO HEAR IT!

5 comments:

kuaback said...

i feel exactly the same as you meeh deary..
Wish we have someone who could do all the thinking, and getting everything done for us aye..lol
well at least in my case, thats what i want. someone to get all of it done for me..lol

Leslie said...

Tala, there's no easy answer! It hard for everyone and the guilt we feel can be overwhelming but the one thing I found is making lists. I know it sound simple but if I write the things I have to get done and every time I actually did it I crossed it out and it truly helped me feel like I accomplish something and some time it may be only a couple but it's something or write actually all I have done that day and realize I actually did something. I hope this help but give yourself time, it's a big adjustment from going from one to two!

hine.T said...

I feel your pain cuz it happens to me ALL da time. I'd suggest getting a friend to do the exercising with. The rest of that stuff only happens when I either run out of clothes for work (laundry), am hungry (cook), need to find money for bills/food/etc. (balance books), am pissed at my husband (cleaning...LOL). Exercise is still unmotivated. I'm lucky if that's once a week right now. So truly no suggestions...just complaining about myself via your blog. LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Oh my hell, I feel like you right now. You just spoke my mind...and many others I'm sure!

evotia said...

that is me on the daily! best thing i ever did for myself was buy a dollar pocket calendar. u know, the little ones w/ugly flower prints on them that you can thow in ur purse? anyways, since the daily squares are so tiny, once it's filled up - - that is ALL i will even stress myself over. so when adding something to the calendar no fit..no can and somethings gotta give. the best thing is.. can only fit like 2 things. if i can make it thru those 2 things..i feel like superwoman. if i can't fit it in the square... move it to one that has more space. my little sanity keeper. HUBBY can drive himself nuts with keeping it all in his head. once i hit 30... i had to start jotting things down. hope u cheer up... check ur seratonin levels!