Saturday, April 18

A Family Friday

This past week I've been so sick and therefore, stuck in the house every...single...day. But I couldn't stay in any longer when I saw how PERFECT yesterday's weather was for the BEACH. More than just warm and sunny, having little to no wind outside was what won me over. (So I don't cough all over the place.) We hit up Kakelas across the street as soon as Bo got home from work, and we were stoked to watch Laila's reaction to her first feel of ocean water and sand. I had been promising Lole to go swimming for days, so it was nice to finally let her have fun too. The only annoyance for me were the MOSQUITOES! I mean, since when did THEY hang out at the beach too?

Later on, Bo and I went on a much needed date once the kids were asleep. We wanted to go eat in town, but got lazy and (since we ate before we left) we went to a movie instead. I won't say what we watched (yes, it was that dumb) but we got there over an hour early. Due to the wait, I could tell my husband was getting tempted to pass the time in a nearby bar, but I didn't give in and we sat around talking instead. (Thank goodness!) We laughed and laughed outside our theater and were surprised to find we were the lone attendees (another hint that we should've watched something else!) We weren't hungry so we just bought candy and water. I almost cursed when I asked for a cup of ice and got an infant size cup instead. Then I asked for a bigger cup of ice and the cashier charged me $4.75 for it, so I told her she might as well just put soda in it too. And I know times are hard, but $4 for a $1 bottle of water? Ugh, next time I'll take an empty bottle and fill it up at the water fountain. Once in the theater, we got bored and took pics, then when the movie started, Bo's snoring (or ROARING) began! I was so tired I couldn't sit still so I laid Bo's shirt across the seats (I know, yuk!) and knocked out too! But even with all the wasted money on gas, a movie we never watched, and expensive snacks, I gotta say it was worth the time spent in each other's company. That night I watched my husband and kids sleep until I couldn't open my eyes anymore. It was such an awesome day!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Okay I laughed about you two at the movies but I can totally relate! The photos at the picture were beautiful!!!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

awesome sis...glad u got out and how do you post ur pictures so nice???pls. i need tutoring. Love u and looking good mama!! Next time tell them to add a large candy and popcorn to that 4.75 gee..so expensive!! good job getting out..maybe it will motivate me...lol. love ya sis.

Elvina said...

Beautiful pics of the family at the beach and it sounds like it was so fun and relaxing. It's always exciting to experience baby's first time in the ocean with them...all the facial expressions, giggles, cries....everything! And so nice u caught it on camera. LOL @ the bar temptation. Good on him to resist! How do u post ur pics the way you do on blogger? Are u using a program or software to post it?

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Thanks sis.... Gosh have u been to the doctors yet??? u should go check it out...especially cause u still susu baby. Newho...of course i'm still bored as ever but what can we do....love u and get better. I'll call u soon.

A.Niu said...

I need a date night. Shaun is like can you eat at Mcdz and watch a movie at home. I was like " were's the love Shaun" LOL

Ronnie said...

the pics of you and bo made me SMILE! you two are still CRAZY! love it!