Monday, April 20

You're Still the One

PRESS PLAY


Listening to "You're Still the One" has just brought back a ton of memories. It was one of our favorite songs my girls and I used to sing when I lived in Utah, and eventually became my wedding song a few years later. I met my husband in 1997 and you could say that from the get-go we were oddly matched, or dare I say, ill-fated. The story of our love is enough to write a novel, maybe a few volumes even, and that I will save for a later time...like when I actually HAVE time. We've been together for 12 years, 8 of them just living solely for each other. {"Looks like we made it; Look how far we've come my baby.We mighta took the long way. We knew we'd get there someday"} For years we suffered the want for children, and yet at the same time, we weren't submissive enough to give up our worldly behaviors. Eventually, through our faith and the gift of modern medicine, our cries were heard and we were granted Lole, and most recently, Laila. Looking at the product of our relationship, my girls, {"Ain't nothin' better, we beat the odds together. I'm glad we didn't listen, look at what we would be missin"} I cannot speak any regret for the man I have chosen and for the life that we now live, even though he can drive me CRAZY! Yes, we've had many, many, many (did I say many?) hard times and are still "under construction", but all the good times are worth fighting...for our marriage, our family, and our love. {"They said, 'I bet they'll never make it' But just look at us holding on. We're still together still going strong."} You're still the one.

1997

14 comments:

Leslie said...

A beautiful tribute to you and your hubby!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

You need to be a writer!!! Seriously sis...u can make so much money with ur talent. I LOVE READING everything u write..its always so well put and always, always...makes me think...WOW!!That was good!!! Seriously!! THINK ABOUT IT!!! LOVE U GUYS!! We don't have many people who think a marriage is worth fighting for, u stand by the good time and BAD!! Thanks for ur example, eventhough i know its tough!!!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Okay, now that i wrote my novel I just wanted to add...that letter just reminded me of that time we sat in your room and used some of the lyrics to Mariah Careys song to write a breakup letter for me. HUH!! u ARE THE BOMB SIS!! That was quite the letter.

Anonymous said...

I just love this. I can so relate to this. Waiting to have a child, when everyone is having children, and yes the many many many trials faced. You have such a beautiful family.

Rachey-Foo said...

such a sweet heartfelt post, sis. thanks for opening up and sharing! and true, love and marriage are worth fighting for. your girls are the perfect example of what hard work can give you...precious daughters! love ya!

Helen said...

Wow Tala, that was awesome that your hubby "Is still the one!" I love that song. You do have a talent for writing! What are you up to these days?? Your daughters are beautiful! I saw your dad from afar the other day at UVU. It is nice to see people you know up here in UT. I have a blog...you should add me!! LOL. Take care. Helen

A.Niu said...

Sass you hit Sass. But not to soon cause one time lole and laila going have on brother. HAHAHAHA.

NeenaLove said...

i'm thoroughly intrigued by your "modern medicine" comment here. me... married for nearly 6 years and still "living solely for each other".... unable to conceive. **sigh** do tell me what you had to do. i was on clomid for a couple months but.... i got off to try and lose some pounds first. anyway -- email me ... coreen.williams@gmail.com

hugz,
neena

kuaback said...

aawww..this is so beautiful
brings tears to my eyes..
lovely darling..just lovely

hine.T said...

Wow Tala...Marie's right! Get those publishing rights & start your book already. I Love visiting your blog to maha'oe, so that's for being open & sharing the 411! hehe!
Oh, and I just love the connection to the song...so beautifully put! You are an artist!!!

Kaitlin said...

ahhhh...you guys seriously amaze me. You're a beautiful family.

laninaki said...

You know what's funny? Everytime I hear that Shania Twain song, "Forever and For Always" I think of you two. You probably don't remember, but one day as you and I were driving into Kaneohe that song came on the radio and you mentioned that it was one Bo really liked. That was years ago, when your babies were still wishes. I think it's awesome to see the family you've been blessed with.

The Songer said...

Isnt it great when you can look back and be grateful for your trials!

In the pic from 1997.. you guys look so young!

I love the beach pics from your last post of bo and laila... great photography!

I love Shania Twain too!

Ronnie said...

Tala dear...well said, well said. I love this post! And I LOVE the throw back photo. That is sooo the Bo I remember...him and Dave always trying to fight each other for nothing. hahahahaa!

Here's to a loooong life together!!