Friday, January 15

DECADE


Not long after we met, I knew I wanted him. He was different, in a bad-boy, bad-for-me kind of way, but I liked it, and I was determined to make it right. With him, it was always an adventure; I felt carefree, yet oddly protected by his aggression. He lived dangerously cool and uninhibited, while I was soooo the opposite. He was the lion, I was the lamb and we were young, but inseparable. I still recall the first time he told me he loved me with the deepest sincerity, and I believed. Months later he informally asked me to marry him, and on Jan. 15, 2000, we did. 
♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥
That was ten years ago. Like most marriages, ours has never once been perfect, or total and complete bliss, but it has been a journey. I would venture to say it's been a very SCENIC journey, and an even better one now with the addition of our two sweethearts. We are alike in our differences. We are opposites that still attract. We are 2, but 1. We survived an entire decade filled with joy and pain, and continue to TRY to uphold/forgive each other, so we can persist...w/ God's help. I know that I am in the right place today, if my heart still flutters when I hear the phone ring and see his name, or if I can still laugh hysterically at his silliness/stupidity, or if I still feel incomplete in my own home without him near, or if when he says I LOVE YOU, I still believe.


8 comments:

Leslie said...

Congrats!!!in making it so far and it's so great to see the collage of both you in the years of your marriage and courtship!

About Us said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TALA!!! wow, 10 yrs already??? that's good!! well, hope you had a good one!! take care!

The Ah Quins said...

sis congrats!!!

A.Niu said...

Happy Anny sass. Im loving the picture action.

kuaback said...

YAY..congrats on 10years..dang that is sooooooooooo LONG..lol..luv ya sis
and happy anniversary

Kaitlin said...

:)

nivadivadiaries said...

Happy Late Anniversary! Tala, Bo is a lucky man to have such a wonderful woman such as yourself. I love how you described your relationship. AMAZING! Much more love to you!

hine.T said...

Dear Darla,
I didn't know we share a special date! Looove it. My bday is your anniv date! Sorry I missed it...and misse blogging altogether. Love you and hope everything is worth the time you're putting into this relationship!
Love,
Hine