Tuesday, January 12

T-I-M-E

"...The fact that you feel love for your children does not guarantee that they feel loved. They need to constantly hear you tell them 'I love you' and see your love demonstrated in the small details of life. Give your child the best gift of all--yourself. That's what they really want and need." -J.Lubbock
I love my children, period. But sometimes I am so preoccupied with other things that I very often find myself feeling "inconvenienced" by being at their disposal. (Yah, I know, that's what moms are supposed to do!) I was going through a book called, "To A Child, Love is Spelled T-I-M-E" while both my kids were napping just now, and I am reassured that I am a pretty sucky mom. Sorry my babies, mommy is such a rookie. So hopefully from now on, the house will be a little messier, laundry may pile up (even higher), dinner might be saimin or cereal, but as long as those things are ignored to spend time with you, I can live with it. *Oh, and less FB and other waste time sites for sure!

Don't put your children off, even if you're tired.
Don't squelch the moment, even if it's inconvenient.
Nothing is more powerful than showing your love at the point of a felt need.
Tomorrow they may not be asking for you.
Life goes on, but children never stay the same.
(found this quote in the same book, author unknown)

4 comments:

Maren said...

I LOVE this! :)

Rachey-Foo said...

so so SOOOOOOO true. ;) good job, mommy, for finding and sharing these quotes. i appreciate ya. love ya!!!

About Us said...

awwwww, thanks Tala for the LOVELY post!! i ALWAYS feel like that too, but after reading your post, i think i need to go find that book, and start being THE MOTHER i should be to my kids...love you girl!! YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOMMY!!!

kuaback said...

my gosh they are so so gorgeous..like mommy..hehehe..love this shot