Thursday, January 7

Eternal Rest


I don't personally know Natalie Norton, but I prayed for her. I don't know what it's like to watch your little one suffer as much as she did hers, but I can imagine there is no greater pain. I followed her blog in the recent days as she invoked the prayers of loved ones and strangers alike on behalf of her infant son, Gavin, named after her late (younger) brother. Even in her time of struggle, she has remained faithful and is continuing to give honor and praise to God. One of her tweets while in the hospital said: "Best thing you can do for me? hug your kiddos a little tighter , speak to them a little softer & spend some time just being silly together." How can I refuse? So, Natalie, today when I hug my kids tighter, and speak to them softer, and be sillier together with them, I'll remember you and your son and echo your testimony of gratitude for our Savior. Rest in Peace, Sweet Little Baby Gavin!

*photo by her husband Richie Norton

5 comments:

Kahilau said...

Today I do the same.

The Songer said...

Thanks for the reminder! You made me eyes sweat a little tonight!

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing!

nivadivadiaries said...

Thanks! Needed to see this. I will continue to appreciate our savior and the only child I have been blessed with. :)

kuaback said...

I saw that Tweet too and it made me cry..what a tragedy