Tuesday, January 26

almost there, baby



hard to believe that almost a year ago, i looked like this. the flicc was taken 11 days before i gave birth, moments after i arrived home from a night out for dinner and manicure with the girls. toting Laila around in my belly was the best, save all the extra stuff (heartburn, bloating, etc). she was heavy but i felt strong, physically. i loved every rad kicking movement and every somersault. ironically, i went through a myriad of negative emotions while carrying her too and that was not fun. mostly, it had nothing to do with the baby blues. thank heavens she survived all of that unnecessary stress because i don't know where i would be without her at this point in my life.







now as the days inch closer to her 1st birthday i feel so overwhelmed with gratitude. how this wretched soul of mine could've gotten so lucky, goes beyond my understanding. not a day has gone without her right by my side. when she's hungry, it's me, when she's tired, it's me, when she's hurt, it's me....only me...who can comfort her. even when she's happy she turns to me, to reciprocate her smiles. i've never felt so needed by another human being and it's humbling to know God loved me soooo much...that He sent her at a time when i needed her more. thank you for braving it with me, baby. it's been almost a year...

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow...how the time passed...she's such a cutie!!!

stef j. said...

that's exactly how i feel about my gwen... i call her my happy. and God sent her at the perfect time in my life, knowing i'd need somebody to need and love me.

i'm happy you have a happy. a 1 yr. old little bundle of happy.

hine.T said...

Stop it! Before I have to post another hormonal blubbering notice. lol. I love it!

A.Niu said...

Love the picture sasster:)

Maren said...

BOTH your daughters are lucky to have you as their momma. :) They're adorable!

Helen said...

She has a bright smile just like her mama! :)