Saturday, March 21

Hawaii Children's Discovery Center


Since Lole is now four, yesterday was her last day in our Na Kamalei preschool. It was also the last day of our session (typically celebrated with a closing party) and our field trip day at the the Hawaii Children's Discovery Center in Honolulu. Lole and I had never been there before, and we were lucky enough to have Dad join us because he'd been sick all week and was tired of staying home. My sister Fia had Juju along with my other nephew Nalu with her. We got there bright and early at 9am, and I wasn't sure what to expect. It turned out to be so much fun! I don't really know the words to describe it, except that it is a great place for kids to explore the world around them. They have mini exhibits where kids can"play" cop, repairman, judge, banker, dentist, chef, and newscaster to name a few. They got to dress up in outfits, act out on stage, pretend to fish, and blow huge bubbles. They had a mock airplane and sailboat exhibit, some international exhibits and Lole's favorite, the play store where they could buy groceries. The center only had another school besides ours in attendance, along with a few other regular visitors, so it was a bit crowded at times. After about 2 hours, our school had a party outside where we ate mini bentos and the kids got their end of session certificates and goodie bags. Lole called the place "awesome" and had so much fun she knocked out as soon as we left. We are definitely taking her back there again. I only got a few pics before my battery died, most of the good ones are from my sister's camera. Enjoy!
(PS for Parents: If you're going to make the trip out here, there's a beautiful park nearby for a picnic. So bring your kids, your camera, and a cooler of food & drink for a nice Spring Break activity.)


8 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fun place to take the kiddies!! It looks like the kids and the adults had a blast!

A.Niu said...

I love that place. We will be hitting that place this spring break. Im so scared. My kids are going to drive me nutts. So dont mind if you see "Samoan jumped off the point and swap far far away from her kids!!!"

Sibbett_Ohana said...

LOL @ Vina's comment! But, cool! we took the twins to a childrens museum that had something similar to this here in washington, it was fun!! So, cool huh! Lole looks like she's having a blast.

Rachey-Foo said...

that place looks like fun!! we'll have to check it out the next time we come to visit!!

how is baby doing? hugs and kisses from us to you!

Luela said...

I've always wanted to take my nephews out there....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hine.T said...

I've always wanted to take the kids there cuz I only heard good stuff about it...and Shen & I used to go lunch at Kaka'ako park when we both worked in town. Great location!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Hey Tals,

Shanae just blogged back and said she would love to take pictures of your family. She is not charging right now since, she is trying to build her portfolio so let her know. jonesfamilyaloha.blogspot.com just tell her your my friend that i talked to her about. K love ya!