Sunday, March 8

SUNDAY THOUGHTS

Oh man, I just woke up from an afternoon nap and it feels so good to have gotten some Zzzs. (I haven't had a day nap in like a week!) Anyway, nothing really interesting to blog about today, just wanna shoot some random lines through here real quick. Today was our Laie Hawaii Stake Conference. Normally I am really attentive at these things, but with my itchy-pants-can't-sit-down-need to use the bathroom as soon as we get up the stairs-toddler, my hungry & pooping infant, and my snoring husband, i managed to catch just a few bits & pieces. I believe our Stake theme for the next 6 mos. is "Look to Jesus and live". Three separate talks on CONTENTION, TITHING, and STRENGTHENING the FAMILY helped me re-learn the following: contention inhibits us from living truly happy lives, there is no insurance more important than paying tithing, and the most valuable work anyone can ever do in the church is that which happens within the walls of your own homes. Not bad considering the above noted distractions! I was also star-struck by the KHS BBALL players I saw in attendance, after a heartbreaking State Championship loss to Kamehameha the night before (47-45). My favorite center Kona Schwenke, 6'8" Christian Feagai, and star point guard Irwin AhHoy (even the nation's famed football star Manti Te'o) were all there sitting with their FAMILIES. And so my favorite quote from conference is "Where family ends, delinquency begins!" I'm not sure which prophet said that, but it is my goal to make a home where my family loves to be, so they don't seek for love/acceptance anywhere else. All in all a great day!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

For someone who said you didn't get much information in Stake Conference, you can out with tons of insight. thanks for sharing because it's something I have to be reminded.

A.Niu said...

I love that you guys made it to stake con. I made it to church just in time to take sacr. Love it. And miss laila is beautiful like her dad.

My favorite player is KONA. I almost wore a shirt saying I am Kona.LOL. Too Cute.

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Good job taking "note self" while attending to other duties during conference. I always admire Athletes who not only are awesome on the field or the court but who show dedication and example by putting the Lord first in their lives.

hine.T said...

For all the distractions you dealt with I think that's more than most people get out of conferences. Best thing about it...it's all important! So you got what you needed.