Thursday, March 26

Waimea Falls


My sister and I brought our kids back to Waimea Falls for a Spring Break activity because 1)it's close by and 2)it's affordable (Kama'aina: $6 adults, $3 children 4+up). The last time we came here in October, I was 6 mos. pregnant, it was bloody hot and I was very "exercise-deprived." This time around the weather was much cooler, baby rode on a stroller (not my pelvis) and yet, I still had a little trouble catching my breath! Oh well! Luckily, the "hike" (scenic walk with occassional, short climbs) was much easier than I remembered. We rested midway on a nice picnic bench, enjoying sandwiches, chips, musubis, pake cake, crackers and spicy edamame beans (yum) and then ate french fries and Acai bowls after the cold swim. Because we had baby, we took extra long for diapering, a pump session, and of course feeding Laila, so the kids had more time to enjoy the peacocks littering the front entrance. Gosh, those birds are annoyingly LOUD, but pretty. This was the longest Laila had been outdoors, so I was worried about all the passing showers we had to endure. But I was glad she got a little sun by the water and that we all enjoyed some nice fresh air. It was such a relaxing day.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Waimea Falls was always one of our favorite place to visit that we even brought a season pass.

Rachey-Foo said...

what a fun day!! i'm so jealous of your wonderufl weather. it's still too cold here to go for walks outside with Allie. but soon enough it'll be nice!

BTW, you look great, Tala!! :)

Kahilau said...

So beautiful! I love seeing those pictures. It looks like you guys had a marvelous time. Thank you for that post about your sister (in-law) as well. What an amazing woman she is! That really is incredible. Our thoughts and prayers are with her!

Elvina said...

How come ur lunch got me hungry! Missin' that pake cake for sure...with orange soda! Omg, don't get me started. But sounds like you and especially the kiddies had fun! Fresh air can never hurt anyone but it sure makes for a good nap when u get home. Thanks for sharing! I need to get going with my blogging instead of being niele and surfing everyone else's. Hehe!

hine.T said...

We like come eat your picnic grinds! Sounds yummy and you definitely worked for it. LOL. I know that hike & stroller or not, I'm still outta breath. haha!

BTW, it freakin' dumped snow on us today!

Anonymous said...

My goooodness! I don't have to tell you how LUCKY you are to live in Hawaii!!! Such beautiful pics and you look AMAZING by the way! Are you sure Bo wasn't pregnant for you?