Sunday, March 1

SHORT HAIR

I don't know if it's just a Polynesian thing or not, but long hair seems to be a timeless trademark in our culture. I've had long hair all of my life, except for the one or two occasions my hair had to get chopped for ukus in elementary school. lol. (Where is my 4th grade pic when I need it?) Anyway, I KNOW what I look like with long hair so 2 years ago, I let my husband chop it!

Since then, I've been wanting to grow my hair back, but it was stuck in that UGLY stage--when it's not long enough or short enough to do anything cute with it--so for the past few months of pregnancy and weeks after giving birth, I'd been sporting the lazy TRASH BUN/PONYTAIL! YUK! So, I finally went back to the salon and I was surprised at how brave I was. I know, It's so short I can't even pull it back when I'm hot, but I'm so relieved to be rid of my lazy fa'apaku and ponytail. The hard part will be trying to get it to look like this everyday and knowing me...it probably WON'T!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Love it girlfriend!!! So brave!! But very cute!!!

Rachey-Foo said...

you are SO BRAVE! and it looks great on you. you look fab!!! :)

Anonymous said...

it's HOT! Ur so lucky you can rock the short hair!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

LOVE IT! Know what you mean about the long crazy hair. I thought i was brave but only made it to cutting my hair to my underarms. Not by choice but love, love, love your hair.

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Sis,

I was just crackin up at your comment about 5 coaches on the bench for Kahuku. I said the same thing!! Only kahuku can two million coaches for football and Basketball. OKAAAA!! Love you

A.Niu said...

Shorter hair ou mean. Im trying to cut my hair shorter but girl its just going to afro puff action. Sass will seee you at practice on wed. finally.

hine.T said...

Cute Tala! Me too...desperate to chop chop already. I like the long but hate the maintenance involved (blow-drying long hair is a hassle...so I go to work half dry/half wet). PRETTY SOON!!!

Mama Pula said...

Perfect face for this cut...really, it's you...totally you...I had this hairstyle too and I totally loved it...but since I've ballooned I dare not go this short until I can deflate down a little...LOL

You look so cute!