Friday, October 17

Glasses to Dr. Schutte

Lole's had an interest in wearing fake glasses since she'd seen her aunties wear them around over the past year. She wears them like any other accessory, and can withstand the irritation of the weight on the bridge of her nose (something I can't do even with regular sunglasses). People always question whether or not they're prescription, and when I say NO, they either think it's the cutest thing or the wierdest. I myself used to sport a pair, but only briefly in 9th grade when I thought I was making a huge fashion statement. I think I only got complimented once! Lol. Oh well, she does look much cuter in them than I ever did!

On another note:

Yesterday was our last appointment with Dr. Sarah Schutte, my OBGYN with Lole and two-thirds of this 2nd pregnancy. She's an awesome doctor but because of the policies at Castle Hospital where she delivers, she can't accommodate my wish to have a VBAC. (Vaginal Birth after C-Section). [I had an emergency C-section w/Lole, because her heart rate kept dropping and I wasn't dilating much. They had a hunch that her umbilical chord was wrapped around her neck and (when they cut me) sure enough, it was...twice!] So, my chances of having a successful vaginal birth after that are assumed to be good because it was an emergency last time, and not due to any other inabilities on my part. These last 2 months I deliberated on the option to do a repeat C-section (thus being able to keep my doctor & birthing center) or planning for a "natural" birth with a new OBGYN & different hospital! With Dr. Schutte's support and encouragement, I decided I'm going to try and take one to the Va-JayJay despite my sister (& mother of 3) warning me that I'm not missing out on anything, and my husband doubting whether or not I can do it. (Maybe he's speaking for himself!) I'm so thankful for Dr. Schutte, even her friendly reminder that "I don't wanna be a fat mom" (when pregnant w/Lole) and her more recent suggestion to limit the extra calories, putting it frankly. It's ok doc, I still heart you for bringing my Lole safely into this world, and on your day off no less! Here's the pic I was supposed to take of you two 31/2 years ago! Thanks again!

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

good luck with the VBAC...i'm aiming for the same thing this time around...doc says not a good chance of it happening but im gonna try. let me know how it goes!

Madame Mauri said...

Hey Tala!! I love Lole's glasses! She just keeps getting more and more beautiful!! congrats on baby number 2, yay! When are you due? Are you finding out what you are having? Is Lole excited? Good luck with your decision. Where are you delivering? I'm glad you found me yay!

kuaback said...

girl

All the best..i hope all goes well with the birth..

I salute you mothers..i dont know if I will ever be able to do that..hence the no signs of baby soon..lol